Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mom & Dad Visit

The day after we arrived home from the Dells, my parents came to visit us.  They had actually made plans to visit our family friends, the Kinney's, in Rockford first and then they came up to our place to stay a few more days (they were here the 15th to the 19th).  It was great having them here!  Mom helped me start to get out some of the baby clothes, receiving blankets and miscellaneous baby items from our basement storage, and both Mom and Dad helped with things around the house (Vacuuming, dishes, scooping snow and ice from our driveway! And thanks for fixing and cleaning the microwave and fixing the picture frame!).  I don't feel like they get much of a vacation when they visit us... they are always working!!  Haha!  Just this Monday as I was doing laundry, our washing machine started leaking like crazy.  And of course Tom was going to be heading out of town on Tuesday early.  His comment was, "Why didn't this happen last week when your parents were here?  They could have helped with this too!"  So Mom and Dad you got a break on that one!  Thus, I now have stacks of laundry piling up on me and the washer won't get fixed until this weekend when Tom is back home (hopefully it gets fixed anyway).

It wasn't all work while they were here though.  We enjoyed a nice belated Valentine's and birthday dinner out on Saturday with them.  We tried out a new place for us - Revere's in Delafield.  We all really enjoyed it and will definitely return.  And Dad, Tom, and the kids took a little time to ice skate on the pond.  We were hoping to go to swim lessons on the Monday they were here, but the weather and roads turned ugly and we opted to stay home.  So they will have to see the kids swim another time.  And of course there were many, many, many games of Uno played while they were here.  This is the kids' new favorite game to play, so they pestered Grandma and Grandpa every free minute to play that with them.   Even as Jackson was supposed to be getting on the bus Wednesday and they were supposed to be heading home, the kids suckered them into another game.

And I didn't get a single picture taken while they were here... how I let that happen, I don't know.  But thankfully, Mom and Dad shared their pictures with me, so I'm going to post them here.  Thanks Mom and Dad!  You are amazing!  And you really spoil us!  We can't wait to see you in May when Baby arrives!


No comments: