So proud of my amazing husband!! Such hard work and dedication you showed by training for this marathon and completing the 26.2 miles! I know it was a painful journey (and it is still painful), but you did it!! You are amazing!!
I love you Tommy!!!
| October 6, 2013 - Pre-Race Photo All smiles and ready to go at 4:30 AM! |
![]() |
| Dad, Jeff & Jason were able to see Tom a couple times along the route. Here he was at mile 17! Looking great!! |
| Waiting at the finish line. |
Morgan rocking to the entertainment while waiting for Daddy to finish!
Thanks Uncle Jeff and Jason for helping to entertain too!
Thanks Uncle Jeff and Jason for helping to entertain too!
| You did it Tommy!! |
| Celebration drinks! And a good burger too! |
| And celebrating with a little ice cream cake and dessert! |
So I wasn't able to make it down to the race right away. The kids and I had our first week of Faith Formation Classes at church. So after mass, Mom stayed with the kids and I to go to class, and Dad, Jeff and Jason headed down to the race. I'm so glad they were there to cheer him on! They saw him a couple times along the route and were keeping track of his times online. Mom, the kids and I made it down as soon as class was over and were able to see him cross the finish line! Tom did an awesome job of keeping his pace through about mile 18. He then started cramping in his hamstrings and he really had to reign back on his pace. But he did it!! Official time was 4 hours, 53 minutes, 38 seconds! Amazing!!

No comments:
Post a Comment