Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jackson's First Love Note


Can you tell what he was writing?

Yesterday, the kids and I had a full list of activities to complete  We hit the grocery store in the morning before heading to a playdate.  We headed home for lunch and then I decided to forgo naps so that we could get some other errands done.  Next on the list was the bank - which is about a 20 minute drive so I hoped that they would at least nap then.  No.  But after the bank as we headed to our other stops, they both fell asleep - unfortunately for only about 5 minutes.  I was a little nervous waking them up, thinking our trips to a little specialty spice store, the pet store, and Target could be a disaster.  But they were great.  While we stopped a Penzy's Spices (to get a steak seasoning Tom loves), Jackson and Morgan sat down at a little table they had for kids, complete with crayons and papers.  They immediately set to work making me masterpieces.  Jackson started on one side of his paper, then flipped it over and said he wanted to right something to me.  Then he proceed to ask me how to spell "I love you".  My heart melted.  My little boy was writing me a love note!  So I told him what letters to write... mind you, he has only been writing letters for maybe three weeks, so it isn't perfect and it isn't in order.  I thought this was beautiful though!  Unfortunately he couldn't complete the whole note since it was time to get to our next stop, but I know that he did it and his whole heart was in it!  I love my little man Jackson! 


I have added the letters next to his writing. 
The letters aren't in order, but it is the best love note I've ever received. 

No comments: