Though I have heard rumor that snow is in the forecast for next week, this past week has been one nice day after another and is really getting us excited for spring to stick around.
Last weekend, though it was still a little chilly, we bundled up and started cleaning up Madi's land mines from this winter. Thankfully both Jackson and Morgan played in the garden dirt - a place away from Madi's messes and also where we could see them. We also got out some of the outside toys and let the kids play in the front while Tom cleared away some of the remaining piles of snow from the storm drains. They had a ball taking in the fresh air.
 |
| Morgan in the rocks under the deck. |
 |
| Hello! Goodbye! |
 |
| The bike is officially out of hibernation! |
 |
| Jackson "building McDonalds" in the garden dirt. |
 |
| Morgan wants to mow. And yes, we still have Washington license plates on the van. |
I also spent Monday afternoon cleaning out our van while the kids napped. It was horrible inside...that is what three road trips in the winter with a dog and toddlers does to it. I have to say, it looks great now! So glad I took the time to do it.
Wednesday was a busy day for us. We got up early to get to the Y so we could sign up Jackson for preschool. That was the first day of registration and I wasn't sure how much demand there would be since they only have two sessions with 12 kids in each. Thankfully being early paid off! He is officially registered for the morning session of Sunshine School! He will start August 30th - Tuesdays and Thursdays for just over 2 hours. I'm pretty excited for him. Hard to believe he is starting preschool though. I'm hoping it will make that first day of Kindergarten easier. Who am I kidding? Every milestone is bitter sweet! After registering for school we had a play date where the kids played hard. They didn't take naps that afternoon either...so we headed to the park and played with our friends Melissa and Cassie. It was a beautiful afternoon - the thermometer on the van said it was 59 outside.
 |
| Cassie & Morgan at Imagination Station - first time to the park this year! |
 |
| On the see-saw - Melissa, Morgan, Jackson, & Cassie |
Thursday was a quiet day at home - got the house cleaned (love that feeling!). And then that evening, Tom took Jackson to his swim lesson. He came home in only his sweatshirt and sweatpants - no coat - at 6:45 PM! Love those nice temps!
And today we hit Target to stock up on stuff and to also get some bedding basics for Jackson's new bed. We don't have the mattress yet, but we are planning to move him to a full size bed soon, so I wanted to have some of the basics to get us started. He is surprisingly excited to move to a bigger bed - for the longest time, he kept telling us that he wasn't going to grow up. Then this afternoon, Tom got home about 4 PM and we all played outside for awhile. It was so nice. Madi got to run and play fetch. The kids played in the dirt and rocks again. And Tom fell into the pond as he tried to check out the thawing ice. I guess Madi felt bad for him, because she went running in too. Actually, I think she just thought it was her signal to get muddy and wet too. Thankfully, Tom really only slipped on some mud and got himself wet in about 3 inches of water. And even Madi wasn't that dirty, but since I had just cleaned the house (including mopping and vacuuming), I wanted a clean dog in the house. So Tom got to give Madi a bath before dinner.
 |
| Snacks before heading outside. |
 |
| Jackson throwing the ball to Madi. |
 |
| Morgan's turn to throw the ball - unfortunately it went behind her. Not sure why she was using her left hand either - usually she is all right handed. |
 |
| Another try! |
 |
| Smiling for the camera. |
 |
| The princess lost her slipper... okay it was just a boot. |
Overall it has been a great week. It is amazing what nice weather can do for your spirits!
 |
| And just a couple pictures of the kids playing - they love their puzzles and sticker books! |
No comments:
Post a Comment