Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year - New Beginnings

As the new year begins, this seems like the perfect time to move on from our heartache of 2013 and announce our family's happy news.  We will (with God's grace) be welcoming a new baby to our family in May 2014!  Yes, do the math, I am 21 weeks pregnant with a little miracle.

New Year's Eve - 21 Weeks

December was a difficult month for me, but one of the things that kept me moving forward was the little blessing within me.

Almost 18 Weeks

This little one did come to us by surprise... we definitely weren't expecting to get pregnant so soon after Carter.  I guess God knew what we needed to mend our hearts.  We have had a few scares along the way too with some bleeding early on in the pregnancy, but my doctors have been wonderful and all seems to be moving forward smoothly with a healthy baby.  Starting at about 14 weeks, I started seeing the high risk pregnancy doctor and having weekly ultrasounds.  It has been wonderful seeing our little blessing each week (and reassuring to my heart too).  I also started taking weekly progesterone shots at 19 weeks... which will continue through the pregnancy until baby is born.  I am not a fan of shots and these one are with scary long needles right in the keister.  I think Tom is enjoying giving them to me though!  I am getting past my fear of them since I know they are only helping me and baby!  We have had many ultrasounds now, including the big anatomy scan at 20 weeks, and we don't know the gender.  So if you want to know, we can't tell you.  We are waiting for the big day in May when baby is born!


So that's our news!  We will keep you posted as time goes on... Baby Neuberger is on the way!  And we are all overjoyed!!

Jackson drew a quick family picture at school one day - brought tears to my
eyes!  Can you ID everyone?  Madi dog, Daddy, Mommy with new baby
(complete with the umbilical cord), Morgan, Jackson, and Carter up in
Heaven watching out for all of us.  Love my little man!


No comments: