Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Parade 12/07/13

I'm going to back up a couple weeks - almost a month really - to the Oconomowoc Christmas Parade.  It was a bitter cold Saturday and I really didn't want to go outside and neither did Jackson.  But Tom and Morgan braved the temps to venture out for the festivities.  They met up with some of our neighbors and stayed warm bundled up with blankets and drinking some gluhwein and hot cocoa (courtesy of Tom).  Morgan loved it and was even specifically called out by Santa from his sleigh with a "How's that pretty girl there in the pink?!"  Definitely a highlight for her.  Tom loved that they had the whole nativity scene going through town, which included the Wise Men, their camels (yes, real ones!), and other farm animals (like donkeys, sheep, and cows).  And Morgan made it through the whole parade - a longer one too - but as soon as it was done, she was ready to go and started crying about her cold feet.  My poor girl, but so proud of her for braving the cold!!  I couldn't do it!!


No comments: