Sunday, November 10, 2013

Jackson's 1st 5K Field Trip

It feels like this happened months ago... but it really was only one month again.  The second Friday of October was Jackson's first 5K field trip.  They had a fun day at Ebert's Greenhouse Village and it was a beautiful fall day to be outside.  They got to explore the farm and farm animals, enjoyed some fun activities including a Halloween craft and hearing the story of Spookly the Square Pumpkin, and even a hayride to the pumpkin patch to pick their own pumpkins. 

I asked Jackson if he wanted me to volunteer... his response was, "It's up to you, Mom.  I don't care either way."  I guess that was better than hearing him say no, but still wasn't quite what I wanted to hear.  Despite his non-commitment, I volunteered and I was lucky enough to get chosen to help.  I also was paired up with four rambunctious boys...yeah!  They were better behaved than I expected... and as you could imagine, it was my own that listened the least.  So it goes.  Thanks for the fun day Summit 5Kers!

Steve, Peter, Jackson & James - My group of boys for the day!

No comments: