Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Preparing for Christmas

As I was writing about Jackson's birthday last night, I realized that November is nearly over and I really need to get working all the "stuff" that needs to get done during the holidays.  Makes me a little overwhelmed (as every year it does), but I'm hoping this year I can find time for reflection and just peace with all the blessings I have.  I find that every year I get frustrated - not enough time, not enough money, just not enough energy to enjoy the blessing that are truly important.  I vow that this year I won't let all that worry get in my way.  It is going to be an amazing holiday season!  I started today - November birthdays (my Mom, Tom, my Dad, my nephew Jacob, and Jackson) are done, so it is time to get busy with the Christmas preparations.  The Christmas tunes are on, I have my coffee in hand, the kids are reading Christmas books, and I'm about to head to the basement to get all the Christmas boxes out!  Can't wait.  I'm so thankful for all my blessings - my amazing husband, my beautiful children, the love of family and friends, Tom's job that supports us and gives me the opportunity to be with our children, a roof over our heads, and food on our table.  I hope everyone remembers the true meaning of Christmas this year.  It isn't how many presents you give or receive.  It is about Christ and his gift of eternal life for us!  May you all be blessed and truly enjoy this holiday with your family and friends.


Now it is time to get busy!  If I am successful with completing my decorating and have any engery left, I'll hopefully be posting about our wonderful Thanksgiving trip to Nebraska.  We had an amazing time and I can't wait to share the pictures!

No comments: