Despite Jackson going to bed tonight crying (tired and wanting to play with all his new toys) and telling us he didn't like his cake and gifts, we know he had a great birthday. It was a pretty simple day, but I know he felt special all day long.
Does this look like the face of a sad kid who doesn't like his cake? He has told us for weeks that he wanted a T-Rex cake. So that's what he got. He told us tonight that he really only wanted a picture of a T-Rex on the cake, not a cake shaped like one. So it goes. I know he loved it though!
| The kids checking out Momma's baking skills this morning. |
Here was the finished product. I have to say, this is one of the easier ones I have decorated. Still isn't perfect, but they are fun to make. One of these days I'll actually take a class on cake decorating.
Daddy made pancakes for breakfast!! Even made a special chocolate chip one for Jackson with the number "4" in it!
Jackson brought cupcakes for snacks today at school and he was crowned king for the day by his classmates. He loved it! After preschool, we headed to our newly remodeled McDonald's for lunch and playtime in the kid area.
Poor kid - we made him wait until after dinner to open presents. He didn't seem to mind waiting, but he didn't like that he only got about 1 hour to play with them before bedtime.
Our big gift for him - a basketball hoop. Granny & Pup Pup's Lego set and Grandma & Grandpa's tractor/trailer were MUCH bigger hits - we're okay with that though. I think he will like it come winter when he can't play outside - he can head to the basement and shoot hoops down there.
| Time for singing, candles, wishes, and cake!! |
| Trying out his new hoop....I think I will need to work with him on his form! Daddy is hoping for a football star, but Momma would love a basketball star! |
Happy 4th Birthday Little Man Jackson! We love you sooo much!!
Thanks to everyone who sent cards & gifts, called, texted, and left Facebook messages wishing him a happy day! They made both Jackson and his parents smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment