Can you believe it? We picked even more apples yesterday. This time from our own back yard though! One little spindly apple tree in our back yard produced nearly a bushel of apples! And big, juicy, sweet-tart apples at that! I think Tom only threw out three bad apples from the whole tree - not too shabby! I still have the apples from the Elegant Farmer (which we picked almost two weeks ago) to get prepped too... with these that we picked yesterday and those from the Elegant Farmer, we have about 1 3/4 bushels. And I think we may go picking some more apples in early October too. So fun and I can't wait to start cooking apple sauce, baking pies and crisps, and freezing the remainder for the year to come. What a great time of year and great memories for our kids!
| Enjoying the fruits of their labor! |
| Trying so hard to pull it off gently! |
| Yes, that is the little tree that gave us all that fruit! |
| What a strong boy! Not a light load by any means! |
No comments:
Post a Comment