Friday, September 16, 2011

Grandpa & Uncle Jeff Visit

This past week and weekend, the kids and I were blessed with visitor as Tom was out of town for work.  My dad came into town (sadly mom couldn't get the time off from work) last Thursday and stayed with us until this Wednesday.  And my brother also came from Friday to Sunday.

We had a great time playing at the park and also building airports at the house.  Dad even got to see Jackson and Morgan's swim lessons Thursday night after he arrived in town.


We spent Saturday doing a hay ride, picking apples, eating homemade doughnuts, and riding the ponies at the Elegant Farmer.  We ate a ton of apples and I have a bushel to now peel and freeze.  Mmmm!























Sunday, we made a little trek to Rockford to see Bob & Lynn.  Great fun!  But man, did the kids and I get a harassing about our Steelers from Bob, the Bears fan.
 




40+ years of friendship!


Jackson's photography skills.

Monday, dad, the kids, and I loaded up again to do a little sight-seeing in the Wisconsin countryside.  One of our stops was at Holy Hill - a beautiful Catholic Basilica just 20 miles or so from us.  We climbed one of the bell towers almost to the top.  I think I had two levels to go and chickened out - making the kids stay with me.  Dad went one more level and said the windows were open with a very strong wind coming through so he opted not to go any further too.




And Tuesday, we did a little shopping after Jackson's school, and then played outside and grilled pork chops for dinner.




A little bed head morning as she says goodbye to Grandpa.

It was a wonderful week!  Thanks so much for coming to visit us Grandpa and Uncle Jeff!

No comments: