Monday, May 9, 2011

My Mother's Day

Wow! I am so lucky!!  I really was blessed with amazing children and a loving husband!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day, and also a wonderful weekend.  We spent Saturday and Sunday doing some shopping, eating at some favorite spots (Chipotle & Potbelly's), going to church, and most importantly, being with my children and husband.  I didn't really find the things I was looking for while shopping (a new spring jacket and a patio dining set), but I did find a couple other deals.  Church was great from the standpoint of the kid's behavior.  Both Jackson and Morgan were super well behaved during mass.  The woman behind us even told us we should receive a "Family of the Year" award for having such well mannered and well behaved children.  I thought this was a bit extreme, but such a nice compliment to receive (especially on Mother's Day)!  Had you seen them Sunday during mass, you would have been shocked.  They really were great kids!  The kids were exhausted come Sunday night - very long days of shopping, little to no naps, and even a late Saturday evening (we let them stay up until 9:30 to watch "The Incredibles" and eat popcorn - which they loved).  Tom and the kids treated to me to some wonderful gifts too - wonderful cards, beautiful red roses, a balloon, an iTunes gift card, and a Starbucks coffee!  They spoil me!

I am one lucky Momma!!  Thank you God for all the blessings in my life, but especially my little ones that bring a smile to my face everyday!

Jackson Norman - November 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM
My first picture as a new mommy!  Jackson and I right after the c-section still in the operating room.
Jackson and I just hours after he was born.
 
Morgan Claire - February 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Morgan and I pose with the best Mom in the world.  I love you around the world times infinity, Mom!
 
Morgan and I just a couple hours after she was born - my little Valentine!

My Mother's Day - 2011
This is what I saw yesterday morning as I came downstairs from getting ready for church.  How can I not smile!!
Trying to catch a picture with the kids before church...
The sun was right in our eyes so Jackson and Morgan didn't want to cooperate too much. 
Tuckered out after lots of shopping.
Jackson, despite how tired he was, can always stay awake during a show.
Catching one more picture yesterday... Morgan didn't want to cooperate unfortunately, so it was just Jackson and me.

No comments: