Which leads to some of the new things Jackson and Morgan are learning.
Jackson is starting to "read" books back to us. It is really all by memory, but I am shocked at how great he does. Tom even tries to change the words in some of the books, and he quickly corrects him, saying the right words. I swear he has the brain of an elephant, forgetting nothing! But since he is doing this, I'm thinking I need to find some Phonics books, so he can learn how to read, not just memorize. He is also spelling his name... can't write it yet, but he can spell it to you. Writing it will be our next step. My goal is to have Jackson writing his name by the time he starts preschool this September. Otherwise he is just being the typical big brother - helping Morgan and cheering her on, then the next moment pushing her down or throwing a toy at her. One morning last week as I got ready, I heard him trying to help Morgan get onto the bed in the spare room. She didn't want his help giving her a boost, but he proceeded to tell her where to step and then said, "Good job Morgan! You almost have it! Keep trying! You can do! Yay! You did it! Way to go girl!!" I had to laugh! Maybe he will be a coach like his Uncle Mike and Uncle Ricky.
Morgan is my coloring and drawing child. She is the creative one of the two. She has discovered how to make circles and that is all she wants to do when she has a blank piece of paper. Jackson on the other hand pretty much refuses to try to draw any shape and still has a hard time doing a circle without some help. Way to go, Morgan. You are learning some things even before your brother! She is also much better at coloring than him. She doesn't stay in the lines by any means, but she picks out areas or shapes in a picture and tries to color just that spot - like some stars or the person's shoes or hair. She is also doing pretty good learning her colors - some are still a little tricky for her, but overall she is getting them down. And of course, her favorite colors are purple and pink. She will say, "Momma, this is my faaaaaavorite color!" as she holds up a purple marker. So cute! She too is learning to spell her name... all from memory by hearing us spell it to her. She gets to the "G" and then has a hard time with the "A" & "N", but it is coming along. Along with spelling her name, she likes to see it written on paper as well as other people's names too. She will have me write everyone's names multiple times... Morgan, Jackson, Madi, Daddy, Momma, Grandma, Grandpa, Granny, Pup Pup... we run out of room on the paper most of the time!
Thought I could share some videos this time... my proof that they are learning these things. Makes me feel like I'm teaching them a few things anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment