Are you wondering what this picture is of? Well, it is our carpet in the family room after Morgan got pink fingernail polish on it this morning. Thankfully, most of the polish (which was A LOT) got on her, but unfortunately there was some on the carpet....that dreadfully light colored carpet that I despise!
Here's the scoop. It was a typical morning. I was getting ready in the bathroom when Morgan came in from waking up. She was playing with all my "stuff" (aka, my lotions, mousse, and of course, fingernail polish). She has never been able to open one of the bottles of polish and I had no idea that she still had it in her hand when we headed downstairs for breakfast. As usual, I put on a cartoon for the kids, so I could get breakfast ready and the dishwasher emptied with a little bit of piece. After a few minutes, I heard Morgan say, "Momma, I take my jammies off." She proceed to take them off and I thought nothing of it since she does this often. Looking back now, I think she thought she would try to paint her toe nails. Shortly after that, I hear her say in a panicked voice, "Momma, I messy! Momma, it's all over!" I run in, and it was everywhere - her legs, her hands, her jammies, and the carpet. I tried to get it cleaned up but it is stuck. It isn't as bad as it first was, but I don't think we'll ever be able to get it off the carpet. I wish I could have gotten a picture of her with the polish all over her, but I was too panicked to do that (I had to get it up before it dried). She was pretty cute...she knew she was in trouble and put herself in the corner for a time-out after being cleaned up. It was a complete accident...she really didn't know that it would make such a mess, and shame on me for not being more watchful of my child. I guess we both learned a lesson.
| Morgan posing with the evidence after getting cleaned up this morning. |
No comments:
Post a Comment