Thursday, April 7, 2011
Plates
Yesterday, we officially became Wisconsin residents - at least by the vehicles we drive. It only took me eight months to get to the DMV to get our license plates. I did get my drivers license shortly after we moved, but that was because their was a convenient DMV licensing place in Oconomowoc. I had held off going to get our license plates primarily because I had heard horror stories about finding the place and long waits...basically I didn't want to go through the hassle with the kids in tow. But our plates were due to expire this month and next month...so I had to go do it. Surprisingly, the DMV had moved to a really convenient place right of the interstate and we went earlier in the morning so there wasn't a long wait. The kids did great - played cars, read books, and munched a snack while I worked at the counter. The process was probably a little quicker too since I came with all the paperwork already filled out - so glad they put that stuff online. Only frustrating part, we have to renew the tabs in August. They revert back to the first date that you drove the vehicle in the state. Getting every dime they can from us! Thankfully, I think I can renew through the mail so I shouldn't have to plan another trip to the DMV for awhile. Wish Tom luck today - he is finally going to get his Wisconsin drivers license. We are such procrastinators!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well its about time! :o)
Post a Comment