Sunday, February 7, 2010

Party Girl

Nearly one year old! Can you believe that Morgan will celebrate her first birthday this coming Friday? I know it is hard for me to believe at least! With Morgan's big day falling on Valentine's weekend, we decided to celebrate with a party a week early. So yesterday afternoon, we packed in nearly 60 friends to kick it up, munch some food, sing a great song, and enjoy some cake in Morgan's honor. Yes, we can fit that many people in our house, but it was a crowd! Morgan worked the room like a pro - she loved going around to guest and flirting with them. She would tug on pant legs and look up with her beautiful blue eyes, getting everyone to hold her for just a few minutes! It was adorable, but Tom and I both agree that we will have to keep an eye on her when she gets older! We had a great time and were so appreciative of all our friends - neighbors, co-workers, church friends, and our "cousins" - who helped us celebrate.

Sadly to say, we didn't get many pictures of our guests... I guess we were too busy doing crowd control! But we did get some great pictures of our birthday girl! And as I go through the pictures, I just realized I didn't even get one of Morgan in her birthday dress or with her next to her flower cake. It was just a little to crazy to remember those things. I'll be sure to get a picture of her in her pretty new birthday dress on Friday.

Pre-party snack time.
Morgan's cake and balloons.
Trying to put on her party hat - Thanks Aunt Jen for the awesome personalized party hat!
Cake Time.
Can I have some Morgan?Let's have a little taste?Maybe a big taste?Morgan wants to share with Daddy.
Cake makes me thirsty!
Kisses for Daddy.
And one for Jackson.
Morgan enjoying her cake.
Brother wants some attention too!
Some of our guests...
Our good friends from church, Emma and Matthew
(who are a God-send and help us out when the kids are crazy at church!).
Two of the "Cousins" - Marites & Sarah
Joanie playing with the kids.
Baron, Sammy, & Kate enjoying cake.

Morgan playing with her guests.
Good times!

And this coming weekend, my brother Jeff and his good friend Jason are coming out to see us. So Morgan will have more celebrating to do in just a few days! Can't wait to see you guys!


Oh, one last thing - I have a video of Morgan's Happy Birthday Serenade, but it needs to be edited (I think it is about 6 minutes long), so I'll get that posted another day. Sorry, but I doubt everyone wants to watch the full length version!

No comments: