Sunday, December 20, 2015

Hockey Update

In early October, Jackson (and the family really) started a new adventure...Organized Youth Hockey!  He is officially playing for the Waukesha County Youth Hockey Association - The Warhawks! We are loving his teammates and their families... I think we got lucky on our first year with some wonderful families to spend our time with season.  Jackson is a 2nd-Year Mite (each level is composed of two birth years, so the Mites are kids born in 2007 & 2008).  We are on a huge learning curve with the dynamics and politics of organized youth sports.  And to help us in the full emersion of the sport, Tom has taken on the role of assistant coach for Jackson's team (the Blue 2 team) and I am the team manager, who is responsible for coordinating practices, games, paying refs, scheduling team events & tournaments, and pretty much anything that is team related but not during actual ice time.  It is going to be a crazy winter!  Wish us luck!

Aren't these kids cool?!
L-R: Isabelle, Noah, Harrison, Jackson K, Ethan (on the ice), Jason, Cooper,
Max, Jackson, and Nico
GO BLUE 2!
And one of our team moms captured this picture of Jackson today while he
played goalie.  Her son is our usual goalie, but all of the kids are taking at
least one turn at it.  They all need to have that experience!  He didn't do too
bad, but I know he didn't like it the best (which I honestly don't mind!). 

No comments: