Tom and I finally took a little honeymoon... it only took 10 years, but we did it. Sure we've had plenty of other trips in that time, but this was the first time it was just us (no kids, no friends, no family, no Eaton co-workers). When the Dave Matthews Band summer tour schedule was announced in February, we started making plans. We chose Denver for a weekend getaway to see two nights of concerts at the Fiddler's Green Amphitheater and to see some of the beauty of Colorado.
We were so lucky to have my mom and dad come to stay with the kids. I thought it was going to be cake to get a break from the craziness of home, but honestly I worried the whole time we were gone. So thankful they were in good hands though... made it so much easier. We enjoyed amazing concerts! We so love seeing them. There were a few emotions the first night of the concerts too... it was the first DMB concert we had been to since Carter's birth. The first concert started with Dave on his own for the acoustic set, then Tim Reynolds joined in... and then Carter Beauford! (then the rest of the band of course). It was just so emotional! It was just a crazy way to start... seemed to be a sign. A few tears were shed. The music is just awesome... the band is awesome... never the same show... always a new experience! So amazing!
We also enjoyed time sight seeing... Took in the Garden of the Gods the first day with a little hiking. We had an awesome anniversary dinner at The Denver Chop House that night. We had the chance to have breakfast with my cousin Billie Jo and she gave us a few places to check out. One of those places was a drive up Mt. Evans. Lets just say, I will NEVER do that drive again... crazy mountain road that I thought was going to kill me at 5 mph. We also spent a day in Breckenridge. And of course the highlights of the trip were the concerts. Four days and three nights of memories for me and my amazing husband! Thanks for making the past 10 years so wonderful! I love you, my best friend!
Day 1 -
 |
| Time to Fly Selfie |
 |
| We landed! |
 |
| Time for the Garden of the Gods! |
 |
| A little swan greeted us at our hotel. |
 |
| Anniversary Dinner! |
Day 2 - Sad I didn't get a picture with Billie. Here are the ones from our crazy day at Mt. Evans and then to the first concert. If you can't tell, it was freezing on Mt. Evans... saw snowflakes at one point! Not a good day to be wearing a skirt and tank.
 |
| Feet away from us, right on the road. |
 |
This says it all. I was not a fan of the drive to the summit, which really is too bad, because it was beautiful at the top. All I could think was dammit, I have to do that whole drive back down now! |
 |
Fiddler's Green Amphitheater. Right in the middle of a business park. Crazy location, but lots of fun. Really pretty outside of it and the bonus was we could walk to and from our hotel room! |
 |
| Fiddler's Green |
Day 3 -
 |
A day in Breckenridge. Makes us both want to do some skiing this winter! |
 |
Loved this cute piece of art in one of the shops. Nebraska the good life... even when you visit Colorado! |
 |
Beautiful blue trees. Painted for some reason, but I forget why. |
 |
| Concert Night #2! |
 |
| Acoustic set is beginning. |
Day 4 - We headed home!!
Before we headed on our trip, Grandma got to take in one of Jackson's hockey practices.
And for my own memories, here were the set lists for the two nights. Simply awesome! Loved every song!
No comments:
Post a Comment