Thursday, April 23, 2015

Learning What It's Like At Work...

Today the kids got to skip school and go to work with Tom.  Today was "Take Your Children To Work Day" which happens nationwide and across all industries.  I think it is an awesome experience and a great way for children to learn - plus it was an excused absence.  I think Jackson and Morgan just think Tom sits at a computer everyday and has conference calls constantly, so this helped them to see more of what happens at his work and how what he does fits into the whole picture.  Amazingly, they had about 40 kids ranging in ages from 5 to 18 (not an easy thing to plan for) and they had a full day of activities planned for them...  Toured the manufacturing area, built their own push button/indicator light set, marketed their work, and even planted a plant (which was related to Eaton's sustainability commitments).  It seems like they had a great time... and they were tired when they got home (napped actually on the drive home).  So thankful they had this experience and this bonding time with Tom.

Heading out with Daddy
See you tonight Mom!
A little snack before things get moving.
Jackson introducing himself... they had to say a hobby that they enjoy and
what they want to be when they grow up. 
Morgan's turn to introduce herself.
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing she was getting a little shy here.
Factory tour time.
Working on her wiring!  Looks like one of my old
distributor classes! Ah, the memories of working for Eaton.
Jackson working on his.
They finished!!  And they work!!
Now time to do a little planting.
I think they worked hard!
The fruits of their labor!

No comments: