Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ski Buddies

We have a couple skiers!  And their daddy couldn't be prouder!  I think Tom was pretty excited when Jackson was asking all winter to learn to ski.  And he was even more ecstatic when both the kids learned so quickly.

We had originally planned to take them skiing when we were heading for our little getaway at the Dells about a month ago, but the weather was so bitter cold (well below zero temps) that we knew they would not have fun learning in that environment.  So we rescheduled their lessons to this past Sunday - a perfect 38 degree day.  I was sad that I couldn't go, but it would have been too much for Noah to just be hanging out there.  They took their lessons at Cascade Mountain, which is on the east side of the Dells about an hour and 15 minutes from here.  The lessons were 3 hours long, and then Tom and the kids did a little extra time on the "mountain," or should we say hill, to enjoy their new skills.  So incredibly proud of them!

Tom sent me a few pictures and updates throughout the lesson... this one was my favorite... have to share....
"Just caught a glimpse of J & M heading over for their first lift ride. They were holding hands. So cute. Made my heart smile. "
LOVE THIS!!  Our kiddos really love one another... and that makes my heart smile too!






I think we have some winter sports fans!  Although I'm ready for spring, it is kind of sad to see these things come to an end.  The pond is quickly thawing this week, so no more skating and hockey on the pond.  Tom will be anxiously awaiting next winter to get them on skis again and back in their skates too.  This was a great way to close out the winter.

No comments: