Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fourth of July Fun

One of the things I love about living in Oconomowoc (and the Lake Country area too) is all the parades!  There are parades for every occasion.  This Fourth of July, we joined our friends Andy and Lori for a new parade... the Stone Bank 4th of July Parade.  Stone Bank is a tiny town (Ah, a place after my own heart and so much like my home town!) just outside of Oconomowoc city limits.  The main street of town is packed for about a mile with people (I can't even tell you how many) for a great parade!  I honestly think it has topped all the parades we have seen thus far.


That night we watched fireworks from our front yard as the neighborhood next to ours put on quite the display.  It rivals any community show and it is just something a little subdivision puts on.  Very cool!  And I love that we could watch from our house.


Then on the fifth, Oconomowoc held their Independence Day Parade.  Another great day celebrating our freedom.  Love the smiles and spending the time with friends.

Friends from our old playgroup - Addie and Bri.  Gotta love a good front
porch swing on a hot summer day!
Friends from the hood - The Waterman and Bjork kids with us.

No comments: