Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Morgan's Field Trip To The Farm

Wow!  I  feel so behind these days.  The spring weather has finally arrived here and I guess that is distracting me from keeping up on the blog (and from doing my chores)!  I'm not complaining!  I'm so thankful for these nice days - sun, mid-70 temps, flowers blooming, and trees budding - just beautiful!

So, to catch up...

Last Tuesday, Morgan's Sunshine School took a field trip to the Homestead Animal Farm in North Lake, WI (its about 20 minutes from us).  It was a beautiful day spent with Farmer Mark on the farm that has been in his family for over 130 years.  The kids, teachers and parents enjoyed a hayride around the farm, holding baby chicks, petting goats, donkeys and alpacas, and chasing the chickens, geese, and turkeys.  Farmer Mark was so great at talking to the kids about different things on the farm.  I was so happy to be a part of this field trip with Morgan... She was so excited to experience everything on the farm.  I think we may have to head back there in the fall when they have their corn maze ready!

In the classroom waiting to load the bus... Ella, Morgan, Ayden & Nolan.
Ready to go!
Picture courtesy of Ms. Sara - The arrival at Homestead Animal Farm.
Heading for the hayride
Morgan, Rebecca & Ella
Our tractor that broke down in the middle of the hayride... thus leading to a
stroll across the alfalfa field which the kids loved.
Morgan and Ella in one of the playhouses.
Farmer Mark teaching the kids about pumpkins
and gourds.
Holding a baby chick - She loved this part!!
Think she ended up holding three different chicks!
Lunch time!

No comments: