It is becoming the norm for me to post things weeks after they have occurred. I guess I'm getting lazy. The kids have been keeping us super busy (swimming, soccer, school, playing) and with the summer temps and longer days, we are playing outside more after dinner. Then I'm just too tired to sit down at the computer to write after that. Well so it goes. Hopefully I'll pick up the pace again soon. Well, to the point of this post...
A big milestone has happened... my oldest nephew, Jacob, graduated from high school this month! Crazy to think Jacob is 18! Crazy to think he'll be headed off to college in the fall! So proud of him and his accomplishments so far. He is a great kid - and his cousins really look up to him. Thanks for being such a great role model for Jackson and Morgan.
 |
| One of my favorite photos of Jacob and me... way back in 1997. |
 |
On my high school graduation day - May 1998 -
with my cousin Megan and Jacob. |
 |
| One of the first times Tom had met my nephews (2003)... I love all their faces! |
We headed back for Jacob's graduation on the Thursday of Mother's Day weekend. It was a great weekend catching up with my sister and her family, my brother, and a lot of extended family. Four generations of family made the trip to Nebraska from Wyoming to celebrate, and one of my cousins came in from Colorado driving the nine hour trip just to turn around the next day to drive back. I love my extended family for making these journeys. It was a full weekend with long days, but all so worth it! I love being home!
 |
Waiting for the graduation to begin - Jackson was
"bugging" everyone! |
 |
| Here he comes!! |
 |
| It's official!! |
 |
| One proud momma! |
 |
| And proud parents! |
 |
| Jacob and his girlfriend Tahlia |
 |
I'm not ready for this day yet! Thank goodness she still
has 14 years to go! |
 |
His first UNO gear. He'll be heading there in the fall with a Regent's
Scholarship! Way to go, Jacob!! |
While home we also celebrated Mother's Day and the younger nephews' birthdays. I think my Mom really loved having us all home - first time in a LONG time that all her kids were home for Mother's Day - so it was a nice treat.
 |
| Some of my Dad's side of the family. |
 |
| Tom tormenting Jacob. |
 |
| The Moes playing a little catch. |
 |
| Garret getting a little tormenting from Jackson. |
Thanks for everything while we were home Mom, Dad, Lisa & Mike! And thanks Jeff - I stole a few of your photos for this post! Can't wait until we are all together again... just not sure when. We love you!! Congratulations Jacob & Good Luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment