Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Silly String!

This past Thursday as I was preparing for Easter and doing my grocery shopping, I missed a call from Jackson's teacher.  When I saw that I had a missed call and message, I had a moment of panic.  I thought, "What could have happened?"  "He's only been there 30 minutes and he was fine when he left, so what's wrong?"  I was was relieved when I heard the message though.  Jackson was chosen to silly string one of three teachers at an assembly that afternoon.  Mrs. Seraphine thought I would want to know and come to the assembly if I was available.  So exciting! 

The students at Jackson's school participated in a Read-A-Thon at the beginning of March.  Students who raised $15 and read their reading goals will receive two free books at the book fair this spring.  The students who participated also got to vote for the teacher that they wanted to see silly stringed.  Also if all the students met their reading goals, the principle, Mrs. Wilson, was going to camp out one night on the roof of the school.  How funny!  Just a fun motivation for the kids to read. 

So for some reason, Jackson was chosen for the silly string assembly and he was super excited when Morgan and I walked in his classroom at 3:00 PM for the assembly.  His class was singing lots of songs when we got there and Mrs. Seraphine was trying to get Morgan to participate too, but she was more interested in exploring the classroom.  She did have fun sitting with Jackson's class during the assembly though.  Jackson was called up on the last round and he did a great job shooting the string at Mrs. Wilson!

It was such a fun afternoon!  The school world is still such a new environment for us.... I kind of forget how exciting little things like assemblies and contests can be for kids.  Just seeing all the kids listening to teachers and having fun was such a joy. 

Thanks for letting me be a part of the afternoon, Mrs. Seraphine!

Morgan sitting with Jackson's class... she didn't want to
look at the camera though.... too busy taking it all in!
Teacher #1 getting silly stringed.... this was the guidance counselor, but I
don't know her name.
Teacher #2 to get stringed... also don't know her name, but I know she is the
librarian at school.
Jackson's group getting ready.
Almost time... they were waiting to hear their target.
And here she is, Mrs. Wilson all dressed up for the occasion!
I was having a hard time getting a picture of Jackson.
The assembly is over... here is Jackson with two of his classmates,
Peter and Ethan.

No comments: