Monday, March 25, 2013

Confirmation Weekend In Nebraska

Wow! March is almost over, spring is supposed to be here, and we are still getting more snow and wind.  Yuck!  Can't wait for spring and summer!  Well, I'm going to blame the weather on my delayed posting.  I haven't posted since February and part of that truly was the weather's fault and the rest is because either Morgan, Jackson, or myself have been battling colds since the first of the month.  We made it all through winter without getting sick and now that spring is just around the corner, we have started getting the head colds.  I'll take colds over the stomach flu any day though, and thankfully we haven't had any of that here.  Knock on wood!

So an update from our house...

The kids and I made a quick trip back to Nebraska at the beginning of March.  We were going back for my nephews' confirmations.  Unfortunately Tom wasn't able to make it back with us.  We had great travel weather there, but when were were scheduled to come back on that Monday (the 4th I think it was), there was another winter storm moving through the Midwest for the next couple days.  So we held off driving back to Wisconsin until Wednesday.  It was great staying longer, but I felt bad about it too.  Morgan had been sick the entire trip there... fever, horrible cough and congestion.  She was just miserable and made everyone else miserable dealing with her.  So we left all our germies there for Grandma and Grandpa to catch too.  And because we came back on Wednesday instead of Monday, Jackson missed a field trip to see a magician.  Thankfully he wasn't too upset about missing it. 

Since we were tending to sick Morgan most of the trip, I didn't take many pictures.  But I did get some at the twins' confirmation thankfully.  I was very honored to be asked by Garret to be his sponsor.  Thank you Garret.  Both Garret and Nolan are becoming such wonderful young men and I was so so glad we could be there to celebrate the day with them.  Love you guys!

Archbishop George Lucas (yes, like the Star Wars guy), Nolan, Grandma Tina,
and Fr. Mark Beran
This time with Garret and me.
All four boys were confirmed by Archbishop Lucas - had to take the
opportunity to snap a picture of them all together and looking so handsome.
Garret, Deacon Pat (a family friend), and Nolan
The Reynolds Family - Garret, Mike, Nolan, Lisa,
Jacob & Mason
The Cousins
Nolan (13), Mason (14), Jacob (18), and Garret (13)
Grandma Tina and Grandpa Dennis with the twins
This was one of Morgan good days while there... Uncle
Mike had the knack (or was it the snack) at bribing her to
take her medicine.  Thanks Uncle Mike!!
Aunt Lisa and Jackson watching "Despicable Me."
 Love you, family!  Can't wait to see you all in May to celebrate the next milestone - the first grandchild to graduate!  Yay Jacob!!

No comments: