Wow! January is nearly over... and this is the first post I'm getting up for 2013! Where have I been?! Not that I haven't wanted to get this done, but I'm just feeling exhausted. I think the holidays wore me out and then Tom's work travel has started to pick up again, so that means a lot of long days for me. I guess the blog has taken a back burner. Sorry!
So here is a little Jackson update that I didn't get posted back in December...
He had his 5-year-old well-child appointment with the pediatrician back on December 4th. It was a really good appointment - no concerns on my part or on the doctor's. Tom and I have been blessed with very healthy kids. Jackson did a great job answering questions from both the nurse and the doctor. He was also very cooperative with the exam portion. As the appointment came to an end, Dr. Kastner started talking to him about his vaccinations he would get that day. I started to worry a little bit... I really had not prepared him for shots at this appointment. And his last shots were probably more than 2 years ago... long enough to forget how the feel. Dr. Kastner warned him that they would hurt a bit, but that the nurse would give him Super Hero bandaids since the shots give him "Super Hero Power". After the doctor left and before the nurse came in, he told me he didn't need bandaids... he was tough and could handle it. Soon it was time... he received four vaccines - DTaP, IPV, Varicella, MMR. The nurse was going to give him two in each leg. She asked me to hold his hands and talk to him... he looked at me like, "What's the big deal?! This will be nothing." Then the first shot went in... a little shock across his face and a little whimper trying to keep in the tears. Then number two... crocodile tears started to flow, but still only a little whimpering. He made it through the last two shots, but he was crying hard, though still trying to keep it in. I felt horrible. Why didn't I talk to him more about it? He still refused bandaids though! He gets his daddy's strength and his momma's stubbornness! Haha! As we left, he was walking a little funny... guess his legs were just a little weak and hurting lots. So my guilt and sympathy got to me and we went across the road to a shopping plaza where the "Hobby Shoppy" is and bought him a new train for his table. That made it a little better, but he let me know how much it hurt (and continued to hurt... supposedly) for the next four days! That's my boy!
So here were his stats from this appointment...
Height = 44.5 inches, which was the 81st percentile
Weight = 46 pounds, 82nd percentile
BMI = 16.33, 76th percentile
Not that this is related to his appointment, but Jackson's teacher emailed me this photo of Jackson from December. I think it was taken the week before school was let out...
He used Tinker Toys to build a manger and the stable. Then he laid one of the dolls in the manger and said it was baby Jesus. I thought that was great!! He was not asked to build it, but he was inspired by the Christmas season to build it. He did it all on his own... definitely a little engineer or architect in the making. And also thought it was wonderful that his teacher respected it and took a picture of it for him... didn't know how a public school would handle something like that. I know he was very proud of it... he told me many times about it and kept asking if Mrs. Seraphine had sent the picture yet. Love our little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment