All last week (December 3 to 7), Jackson was the Star of the Week for his class. Each week is a different child's turn and it usually correlates with the child's birthday. But because there was another birthday in his class during the week of his birthday, his Star week was the following week. Basically the Star gets to be line leader for the class, helps Mrs. Seraphine with certain tasks in the class, and also gets to make a poster about themselves to present to the class.
Jackson was loving his week! It started out a bit rough though. Sunday night before his week, we were working on his poster and he liked nothing that I had pulled out for him to use. I think he was just overly tired, and I'll admit, I may have been taking over a little too much on the project. We finished up most of it and then Monday morning before school we finish and he was much happier after that. I let him do all of the work on Monday morning... well other then finding some Lego pictures online to print out for him to use.
Things were good up until Wednesday when we got notice that lice was found in Mrs. Seraphine's class. One of my worst fears!!! I have been dreading that notice since Jackson started school. I've been checking the kids like crazy and lecturing Jackson on not sharing hats/coats and not touching heads! Makes my head itch just talking about it. I did learn later that the child with lice was in the morning class and not Jackson's so that did make me feel a little better. I also put in a call to my mother-in-law, who is also a teacher, to ask what she does when the lice outbreaks occur at her school. She suggested Tea Tree Oil shampoo. So my first stop was Walgreen's to get that... and that is all the whole family has been using since last Thursday!
Then Thursday, Jackson came home from school with goopy eyes. I started to dread the worst... pink eye. Come Friday morning, his eyes were very red and puffy and were really crusted over when he woke up. A trip to the doctor confirmed the pink eye and thus a day at home for Jackson. I hated the timing of this. It was his last day of being the star... this was the day he was supposed to present his poster, which he was excited to do. The class was also making cookies and reindeer snacks that day... he miss out on those too. Thankfully, Jackson did get to present his poster this Monday and his teacher saved the reindeer snack for him to take home. Also thankfully, Jackson wasn't too disappointed to miss Friday... I think he actually liked the break! His eyes were better come Saturday night after 6 doses of eye drops. Yay!
So proud of our Star! Love you, Jackson!
No comments:
Post a Comment