Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer's Ending

Here are just some of our end of summer activities...

1.  BBQ with friends.  A couple weeks ago, two of Tom's Dayton football buddies and their families visited for a little BBQ.  A total of eight kids, ages 6 to 20 months, were running from outside to inside and back again...constantly.  So fun seeing everyone and letting the kids make new friends.  Hope we can do this every summer! 

Sirmon getting the kids lined up to race.
And they're off!
And the kids watching one of our neighbors do fireworks. 

2.  Morgan's Sunshine School Meet & Greet.  My baby is starting preschool! Sniff, sniff.... but she is super excited.  Yesterday afternoon, we met her teachers (who we already knew).  One of the teachers (Ms. Sara) taught Jackson last year at Sunshine School, and the other (Ms. Kerry) taught Morgan in a couple of Y classes through this past year and summer.  Both are amazing and awesome teachers.  I'm so excited for her!  Morgan sat down at the art table to do a little project they planned for them.  She did great - colored in her teddy bear perfectly staying in the lines, glued down our family picture to the bear's tummy, and then wrote her name at the top using great form.  Ms. Kerry watched as she did it (with a little amazement) and then told Tom, "She's going to do great!"


3.  Jackson's Open House at Summit Elementary.  Tonight was the big day to see his new class room, meet his new teacher (Mrs. Seraphine), and to deliver all his school supplies.  Scary that my little boy is going to be in an elementary school now!  We even received his school pictures while we were there - they took them on registration day a few weeks ago.  Turned out pretty good I thought... my handsome boy!


4. Labor Day is coming this weekend... Tom's headed to a Dayton football game down in Bloomington and the kids and I have to find something to occupy us for a day.... I'm thinking mini-golf and lots of bike rides.  I think it will be a nice weekend weather-wise, so I want to get out and enjoy our last days of summer.  I do want them to be somewhat mellow though... come Tuesday we are starting the school-grind, and we need to get good sleep, so we are ready for the new busy that is coming our way.


5.  Garden yummies and canning!  You'll see more on this in another post.  But I'm loving this new endeavor!  It has felt very rewarding to take on this project!


I'm really not ready for this summer to end.  I love fall, but the ending of this summer makes me a bit sad.  I'm not ready for my kids to be entering school.  I know they are more than ready (and very excited), but I'm not!  I can't keep them little forever (although I would like to)!  Here's to a great summer!  Cheers!

No comments: