Yesterday afternoon, Jackson sat down at the table with a paper and pencil in hand and said, "Momma, will you help me write a letter to Daddy?" I said sure and asked him what he wanted it to say. He said, "Dear Daddy. I love you. Have a great day at work." I told him that it sounds great, let me finish putting away some dishes and we'll get to work. I turned around and he had already started writing his name and proceeded to tell me that he wanted Daddy to know who sent him the letter. Talk about melting my heart over and over! So then we started...I told him how to spell each word and if it needed to be a big letter or a little letter as we went through each word. He did amazing! And he wanted to send it to Daddy right away, so we scanned it and emailed it to Daddy at work. (Sorry Grandma Tina, we didn't stamp it and put it in the mail.) Daddy was so excited!
Here is his letter...
And today, Morgan forgot her bunny in Jackson's classroom when we dropped him off at school. She was devastated that she didn't have bunny and wanted me to go back for her. I told her that Jackson would keep bunny safe and we would get her when we picked up Jackson. Two hours later, we looked in the window at Jackson's school and there was bunny in his cubby. We went in to get him and he said, "Morgan, I saw that you forgot bunny, so I saved her for you!" What a great big brother! Morgan gave him a big hug and said, "Thank you, Jackson!" in the most excited voice. Again...melt my heart!

No comments:
Post a Comment