Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another Weekend of Biking

I'm loving this winter - it is a thousand times better than last winter.  Both Saturday and Sunday were beautiful sunny days, so we bundled up and got out the bikes again.  How often do you get to go bike riding in January and February?  This winter - lots I guess!  Jackson is doing amazing on his bike!  This marks the third time out on his bike and he has the hang of peddling, steering, and balancing.  He even got daring this weekend and started making turns and full circles!  He just needs to grow about an inch or two so he can get his feet to the ground without completely falling.  I guess the bike is just a bit big for him, but I would rather it too big than for him to outgrow it in the matter of months.  The breaking and stopping should get easier as he grows more - hopefully by summer it will be mastered.  Jackson, Morgan, and I even went on our official first bike ride together (Daddy would have rode too, but he was capturing it on video).  It was awesome.  He rode right beside Morgan and I and carried on a little conversation with us.  Talk about a kid with confidence!  He was chatting away and even took his hand off the handlebar for a quick wave to Morgan.  Crazy kid!  Come on summer - we are ready for you to arrive! 


Morgan did a little riding on her trike (didn't want to try Jackson's balance
bike), but she really was more happy playing with the sidewalk chalk.

After practicing on Saturday, the kids loaded in the Burley and we all went for
a ride.  We found a caterpillar along the way - had to stop to hold it and then
return it to a safe place.

Riding on Saturday.

Morgan's sidewalk art.

Our first bike ride!

Watch out!  Here we come!


No comments: