| The Christmas Tree has been decked and we are now waiting for Santa and to celebrate Jesus' birthday! |
Jackson and Morgan have really gotten into Christmas movies. Everyday we seem to watch a new one (or repeat one). They've watched Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph, Cricket on the Hearth, Elf on the Shelf, and Charlie Brown's Christmas. They love these movies! Here they are Friday night - snug in their PJs, begging to eat popcorn, and ready to watch Charlie Brown's Christmas.
| Uncle Mikey called in the middle of the movie, so we took an intermission so the kids could talk to him. |
We have been working on a few projects too - mostly ornaments for the tree but also coloring lots of Christmas pictures.
| These were the ornaments we started when Granny and Pup Pup were here. The kids' hand prints make five little snow men on the glass ball. I had them hanging from our dining room fixture to dry. |
| A few made it to the tree and the others are going to be gifts! |
| Jackson colored a Santa ornament for me. He is one red dude! |
Norman - our elf - has been watching our every move this season and reporting each night to Santa. He did go away two weeks ago for a day... the kids had a bit of a naughty day. Norman left us a letter telling us that he wouldn't come back until he knew that Jackson and Morgan were being nice to their toys and to each other. Thankfully, he is back and wearing his big smile. This morning we found him on the ceiling fan in the family room!
And we have been making lots of goodies too - what would Christmas be without all the sweets. I remember growing up, my Grandma Claire made some amazing cookies and Christmas candies. I wish I had some of her recipes to try...not sure I could do them as good as she did though, even if I did have the recipes. In any case, such a good memory! This weekend we made peanut butter blossoms and chocolate chip cookies. I'm hoping to get sugar cookies and ginger snaps made this week (Wednesday maybe?). And today I made Reindeer Munch for Jackson's preschool treat at school tomorrow. I hope the kids enjoy it!
But I have to say, one of my favorite things so far this season is hearing the kids singing Christmas songs. Favorites of theirs: Rudolph, Jingle Bells, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. They don't always get the words right, but they sing their hearts out for whoever wants to listen. For your listening enjoyment...
Merry Christmas! (In case I don't get that posted on Christmas day!) Hugs and kisses to all our family and friends. We wish we could be with you all during the holidays, but know that we are thinking of you and sending our love!
No comments:
Post a Comment