Monday, July 18, 2011

The Mighty Mo

While I was back in Nebraska, dad, the kids, and I went up to Yankton, SD to check out Gavin's Point Dam and the Missouri River.  The dam is letting through record amounts of water right now due to the large snow and rain amounts that were dropped this winter and early spring up in Montana at the start of the river.  There is record flooding now all along the river.  It was an amazing sight to see.  I don't know all the details of the amounts being let through the dam (or any of the dams along the Missouri), but I know the Sioux City Journal Online and KTIV.com have had lots of reports about it (in case you are interested in reading up).  Here are some of the pictures I took from that day.  While we were in Yankton, we also stopped at the Lewis and Clarke observation site and the aquarium/fish hatchery.  The kids loved these places... especially feeding the fish at the hatchery. 











No comments: