Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Potty Prince

I hope I am not jinxing us, but I think we have a potty trained boy in our house!  One week ago, I started the process of potty training both Jackson and Morgan.  Morgan was all gung-ho the first two days - wanting to use the potty every five minutes, but unfortunately would never sit long enough to do her business.  Then she would have an accident.  Jackson wanted nothing to do with it the first two days and then by Thursday morning, he was starting to get used to the idea and seemed to want to do it.  I think he saw all the attention Morgan was getting and decided he wanted to be a part of that.  I had also made them each charts that they could put a sticker on when they successfully used the potty.  He loves the Thomas stickers and the sports stickers Santa got him for his chart.  Plus we have bribed with a reward of two M&Ms after each success.  It has been working!  By Thursday night he was into it and we haven't had an accident since!  We made it through church on Sunday plus running some errands afterwards (four hours away from home) - no accidents!  We made it through story time at the library today - no accidents!  He tells us when he needs to go, runs into the bathroom, and does his stuff!  And I thought it was going to be tough getting him to do ALL his business (if you know what I mean), but he has no problem.  We're so proud of him!  I just hope it continues to go well for him.  Morgan, on the other hand, still really wants to do it, but just isn't getting the hang of it.  And she always wants a sticker and M&M when Jackson is rewarded.  Breaks her heart when I say no and that she has to use the potty first.  I figure I'll lay low with her for a few weeks and then we'll try again - maybe wait until after her birthday.  She know what to do, just needs to get her body in sync with her head.  It will come.  She is one determined little girl who wants to do what her brother does, so I know she will be there soon.  I can't wait until we don't have diapers to buy - it will be like a pay raise for us!  Way to go Jackson!!  Love you, little man!!



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great pictures! That is so awsome how well Jackson is doing. Once they are ready...it just clicks.