The last few weeks the kids have done awesome at mass. I think they really like the priest there and they get the kids involved with the mass in many ways so it keeps their interest. I even seem to be getting more out of the services these days, since they are being more cooperative and behaving better. So my confidence level for this weekend was feeling pretty positive. I had been reminding them for days, that we would be going to church without Daddy and that they would need to be extra good to help Momma during the service. Tom had also told them numerous times before leaving, as well as on the phone, that they would need to be good for me. It all must have worked, because they did really good for me. Don't get me wrong, they had their little things (Jackson laying all over the pew like a sack of potatoes at one point. Morgan screeching when she couldn't play in the holy water font.) but overall they were my little angels. No big scenes! Thank you God! My prayers were answered. As a treat for being good, we stopped at Starbucks for our special milks and then ran to the grocery store to stock up before our next snow storm.
| Prior to church they posed for this picture. Wasn't sure if I saw the devilish twinkle in their eyes or not! |
Side story about Jackson and church these days... he likes to call Father Mike and Jesus before we leave for church on his play phone. He asks them if they want him to be a good boy or a naughty boy in church. Then we ask him what they said. He tells us, "They want me to be good, so I'll try to be good. But I may be bad, but I'll try to be good." It is too cute.
Another side story about Morgan and church... there is an usher at the church that she adores. He is there to greet everyone as we come in and she will go running up to him and give him a big hug. Then she is always sure to see him before we leave too. It is so cute. Last week, the man (Phil is his name according to his name tag but we have never officially been introduced) said, "Her hug just makes my day and melts my heart!" Love it!
And since they were "angels" at church, I should have known a little devil would come out at some point. Tonight, right before dinner as the kids were running around the house playing, Jackson pushed Morgan and she hit her mouth and tooth on our ottoman. She came crying with a little blood in her mouth... and a loose bottom tooth. I called our dentist and left a message, then gave her some Tylenol to help with the pain. Then I had to find something that she could eat for dinner since she wouldn't be able to eat the pizza we were having (she tried and cried in pain). So she had yogurt and applesauce instead. Poor thing was tired, hurting, and hungry. The dentist did call back... sad it should be fine, just need her to be on a soft diet for the next week. Plus he wants to see her tomorrow morning to do an exam and x-rays. Hopefully he won't find anything worse and the tooth will reset itself with a little TLC. And I'm really hoping his office will get us in first thing in the morning since there is a major snow storm heading our way starting tomorrow afternoon... expecting 12-24 inches from Monday to Wednesday plus blizzard conditions. Yuck! Thankfully we don't have anywhere we need to be, and Tom should get home Thursday after the worst has passed.
No comments:
Post a Comment