Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November 16, 2010

Yesterday turned into a busy day and I wanted so badly to write a blog to wish my Tommy a happy 33rd birthday.  So since I didn't get it done yesterday, I'm doing it today.  And giving a little run down of the day too.

So first off -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMMY!  I LOVE YOU!

Now for the run down...
Yesterday, the kids and I got up, ate breakfast, dressed and then to headed to story time at the library.  The kids did really good at story time this week... Morgan is especially loving it these days.  Jackson likes going into the library to play and read books more than the story time part, but he sits through it pretty patiently.  After story time, we needed to head to the grocery store to get things for Tom's birthday dinner.  So after a brief little play time in the library, we headed off.  I pull into the grocery store and Jackson says, "Momma, where's bunny?" Oh, no.  We didn't have bunny.  I got sick to my stomach.  He loves bunny.  I love bunny.  Wasn't sure what we were going to do if we had really lost him.  So we quickly finished up at the grocery store and then headed back to the library.  Thankfully, bunny was right where Jackson thought he had left him - in the play area.  Whew!!  Thank goodness we found him!!  So off to home we went.  The kids had lunch and then off to naps for them.  Thankfully they both took really long naps which gave me a chance to get a lot done.  Made Tom's birthday cake.  Cleaned bathrooms.  Swept and mopped the floors.  Went through the mail.  Vacuumed.  About that time the kids got up.  They played while I started making pork chops for dinner.  Tom got home.  We ate dinner.  He opened his gifts.  Then the Wilson crew (new friends of ours here in Oconomowoc, who also works for Eaton with Tom) came over to have cake and ice cream with us.  They have four girls - age 14 to 9 - that just love playing with Jackson and Morgan.  The kids (plus Madi) got SO wound up though and didn't get to bed until 9:30... way too late!  So then I was just exhausted that I didn't get to the blog.  It may not seem like much of a day, but I don't think I sat down from 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM. 

Besides the busy day and Tom's birthday, we ended the day with some news that was a little hard on the emotions.  We learned from our neighbors in Snoqualmie that our house finally sold and that the family was moving in yesterday.  Happy that our house sold and that it is not sitting their empty.  Happy that our neighbors have someone new to become friends with.  But sad too... that is our home and it is still hard to think of someone else living there.  Even though we have been gone for three months and we had sold the house to Eaton months ago, it still felt like our home.  I hope the new family loves it as much as we did.   




No comments: