Last week Tom was off work, so as I had mentioned in an earlier blog, I had a whole list of things for him to complete. We were able to complete the kids' new room during that time and get the new guest bedroom painted too. I think they both turned out really great. We still have to get Morgan moved into the new room and get some pictures hung, but otherwise they are done! And as part of the big room flips, we had to disassemble Jackson's crib to fit through the doors. Because of that, we decided to convert Jackson's crib into a toddler bed - he is officially sleeping in a "Big Boy" bed.
Last week, my Mom came into town to keep me company. She got in on Thursday and left yesterday. Tom was supposed to be in Texas while she was here, but he canceled his trip (trying to save some money these days). So it wasn't quite the Mother-Daughter weekend we had planned, but that was okay. It was so great having her here! But it was so hard to see her leave too. I so wish we were closer to our families so we could enjoy each other's company more often. We didn't do a whole lot while she was here... got the kids' pictures taken at JC Penney's (that is a story to come), did a little shopping, and hung around the house. We had hoped to do a little hiking while she was here, but the weather was just a little on the cool side. Besides, Jackson was sick the whole time she was here, so he wasn't up for a lot of activities. Love you, Mom and thank you for coming to see us!!
So our photo session at JCP was a little on the disappointing side. Jackson just wasn't himself that day and he wanted nothing to do with getting his picture taken. He wasn't feeling good and I don't think he liked the woman taking the photos either. He cried like you wouldn't believe and wouldn't let go of either my Mom or me. Morgan did great thankfully. We only managed to get one picture of Jackson and Morgan together though... so it goes.



The other news in our family - Jackson and Morgan have their first cousin on the Neuberger side. Ryder Richard Rahne was born on Thursday, April 23 at 7:56 AM in Manhattan, KS. He was 9 lbs. and 21.5 inches. What a cutie he is! And what a cute family they make! We can't wait to meet him!


Also last week, I had my first Spa/Massage experience. Last Mother's Day, Tom and Jackson gave me a gift certificate for a massage at the Salish Lodge by Snoqualmie Falls. I finally cashed it in on Monday and had a very relaxing morning! I have to say, I had my reservations about doing this... I just didn't sound that enjoyable... but I have to eat my words. I loved it and I can't wait to do it again sometime. It will have to wait though... too expensive to do just anytime.
I think that gives you all the new news from Snoqualmie. I'm sure I'll have more to post soon.
http://www.photoworks.com/members/slideShow.jsp?id=56602138&key=tracineuberger
http://www.photoworks.com/members/slideShow.jsp?id=56602312&key=tracineuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment