Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Tree

As Christmas day comes to a close, I'm reflecting on all the memories created, the traditions passed down, the new traditions started. I feel so blessed! I look at our tree...not perfect, getting old, and of the artificial variety, but I love the story it tells. Each ornament has a meaning to it... a gift from a loved one no longer here on Earth, places we've visited or lived, moments from the years past. I love that! So many memories all displayed in one place. Merry Christmas and many blessings to you all in 2015!

 
Santa arrived!
The Space Needle - from our time living in Seattle.
One of our newest ornaments - a crab from Maryland from
this summer. Reminds me of Mike
 and Ashlyn's wedding.
An ornament made by the awesome teachers at Imagination
Station - we miss you all so much!
 
Our Carter in Heaven.
Tom's marathon in the fall of 2013.
Our first Christmas as husband and wife.
One of the many ornaments made by my Grandma Claire.
I miss her dearly. I think of her so much at this time of the year.
Morgan's ornament from last Christmas -
she was Dorothy for Halloween 2013.
And this year's newest ornaments for the kids -
Princess Leia, Chewy, and Luke Skywalker.


No comments: