We had a great week back in Nebraska celebrating Thanksgiving and Jackson's 6th birthday! Holy cow! Did I just say 6th birthday? Where has that time gone? My little boy isn't so little anymore!
We decided to take the kids out of school for Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week so that we could have more time back home. We left on Saturday morning - it was cold out that day but beautiful traveling weather. We got to enjoy some quality time with Grandma Tina and Grandpa Dennis, did a little Christmas shopping, hung out with Uncle Mike, Aunt Lisa and the cousins and Uncle Jeff, ate lots of yummy food (too much actually) at my Aunt Dianne and Uncle Greg's in Omaha, and celebrated Jackson's day. It was a full seven days there, yet a relaxing 7 days - just the way I like it. I was even able to fit in a hair cut while I was there... since I never get one scheduled here. Side note... I used to religiously get my hair cut and colored every 6 weeks when I was working. Since moving to Wisconsin and staying at home, I've only had four hair cuts... that's 4 hair cuts in 3.5 years. Ugh!!! How my priorities have changed!
 |
| Helping Uncle Mike in a game of Yahtzee. |
 |
| Riding the mall carousel with Grandpa Dennis! |
 |
| Getting a few ear nibbles from Grandpa too. |
Okay, back to our trip... It was a great time with family. A couple other things while we were back... we went to the soup supper and Turkey Bingo at the Newcastle American Legion. The kids loved it... I loved it... brought back some great memories from my childhood. The kids even got to help Grandpa with pulling the numbers. We didn't win a turkey, but my Uncle Bill did and an he gave us his. So sweet of him! We now know what we'll be having on Christmas!
 |
| Uncle Jeff and Jackson |
 |
| My cousin Megan with Morgan |
 |
| Mason, Jeff, Nolan & Jacob (not sure where Garret was) |
 |
| With my sister, Lisa and my cousins, Billie Jo and Megan |
We are together so infrequently, that I made it a point to have some family pictures taken before Thanksgiving was over.
 |
| Uncle Greg, Aunt Dianne & Megan |
 |
Mom, Uncle Greg, Dad, Aunt Dianne, and Uncle Bill - sure
wish the rest of Dad's family could have been there! |
 |
| My awesome siblings! |
 |
| All the cousins (well at least all that were there) |
 |
| Cousins plus a couple spouses |
 |
Lisa's family - I can't believe how grown up the nephews
are. They were my kids' ages when Tom first met them! |
We celebrated Jackson's birthday at my sister's house. It was fun to see Jackson with his cousins, aunt and uncles, and grandparents that day since we don't always get to celebrate birthdays with family. This year I didn't make Jackson's cake... not that he cared. Our family isn't big cake eaters anyway, but I usually like to make it. But since we were traveling, it was just easier to order one. Jackson's request - a Steeler cake - which made his daddy very proud. It was funny when we were ordering it though... The baker asked him questions and he was very specific on what he wanted. She asked what color he wanted for the lettering - he said purple. She was confused by that one since the Steelers have no purple, but she assured me she would make it work. And she did!! So thankful she was decorating it and not me!
 |
Jackson got to open one of his gifts from Grandma and
Grandpa early. |
 |
| Breakfast pancakes! |
 |
| A little Up and Down the River - love playing cards with the family. |
 |
| Yes, those are Morgan's bows in Tom's hair. |
 |
| Loving the Lego Star Wars card from Grandma & Grandpa. |
 |
The cake! There is black icing under the purple icing and the sprinkles even
had a little purple to tie it all together. And Jackson especially liked it, which
is all that mattered! |
 |
| Lighting his own candle. |
 |
| The cousins! |
Thanks to my family for a wonderful time back home. Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting us and putting up with our clutter (and dog)!! Thanks Lisa and Mike for hosting Jackson's party and the great dinner. Thanks Aunt Dianne and Uncle Greg for the wonderful Thanksgiving. It was so great seeing everyone - just wish it was more often!! Come visit us anytime!
No comments:
Post a Comment