This past Tuesday, Jackson was on snack duty at school. I'm not sure if the teachers like it or not, but they insist there are no rules on what we can/cannot bring other than they would like it healthy and easy clean up. I try to opt for something homemade, since I know the day is coming when he will be in the elementary school and they will have all kinds of rules due to food allergies. So previous snack duties, Jackson has brought banana/chocolate chip muffins, banana bread, and reindeer munch (basically it is Chex mix with some cranberries and M&M's). This time I found a cute idea on Pintrest (my new time-sucker). With spring in the air, we made butterfly snacks...
 |
Teddy Grahams and grapes in snack baggies and pinned in the middle with
clothes pins decorated like bugs. |
Jackson loved them! The kids loved them! The teachers loved them! And I even had a couple parents tell me what a cute idea it was! So glad they were a hit! And the best part was that I felt crafty without having to do a lot of work. I think I spent maybe an hour total on them. And what I also thought was cute and a bit ironic - the theme (which I didn't know) for school this past week was camping/nature and specifically on Tuesday it was bugs in nature. It was like I planned the snack to go with the theme - but I really hadn't planned it at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment