As I sat down to write this, I got the call I had been anticipating... Tom has landed safe and sound back in the good ol' USA. This marked the end of his third business trip this month (not to mention his second one to Europe this month). I will be so happy when he walks in the door - although that won't be for a couple hours since they flew in and out of O'Hare (plus I just got a text from him that the lines at customs will take him about two hours).
So since Tom was essentially gone most of the month of March, I decided that during this last business trip of his, the kids, Madi, and I would make a trip back to Nebraska to visit family and to help keep my sanity (I can only handle so many days one my own). Another bonus of the trip was that my 2nd oldest nephew, Mason, would be celebrating the sacrament of Confirmation. Months ago I didn't think I would make the big day, but it just worked out that I could be there and I was so happy we could celebrate the day with him. Congratulations Mason - so proud of you!
 |
| Mason with Archbishop Curtis, Grandpa, and Fr. Beran |
 |
| Mason with Grandpa (his sponsor) |
 |
| Mike, Mason, and Lisa |
 |
Cousin Meg with Morgan (Aunt Dianne and Uncle Greg
were there too) |
We didn't have much else planned while we were there, but we did keep very busy. Spent one day shopping and getting some summer clothes for the kids. We also spent an evening with my Mom's brothers and sisters... It was great getting to see my aunts and uncles. And thanks Uncle Cliff and Aunt Kathy for the wonderful fish fry!
All in all - a great trip seeing my family. Loved it! Love them all! Thanks for a great trip! And thanks to my kids and dog for being such super road-trippers!
 |
A quick picture with my oldest nephew, Jacob. He's looking good for being
out until 4AM the night before for prom! |
 |
| The Girls |
 |
| Morgan with Nolan |
 |
| The cousins (minus Jacob who was at play practice) |
 |
Grandma and Grandpa with the grandkids (again Jacob
was missing) |
No comments:
Post a Comment