Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hobbies

I can honestly say, I really have no hobbies.  This blog may be the closest thing I have to a hobby.  Not that I have much free time, but I have been wanting to pick up something that I could do in the evenings after the kids are in bed.  I would love to take a cake decorating class.  I wouldn't mind learning to sew a few things (I've forgotten all from Mrs. Sherman's home-ec class).  I used to cross-stitch... abandoned that one probably 10 years ago.  I should make some physical activity a hobby, but I don't do that either.  Maybe I will pursue these things anew or again at some point, but for now I have picked up something else.


I have been wanting to learn to crochet for a number of years, but never really tried.  While I was back home over the Thanksgiving holiday, my Mom sat down with me and got me started.  Now I feel a bit addicted to it.  I enjoy sitting on the couch relaxing and working on a blanket.  I have started a couple different ones - learning different knots (crochets) and working with different types of yarns.  I even finished my first blanket about two weeks ago!  It has been fun.  I'm glad that I found something new to try and to learn.  Maybe it will get me motivated to try more.  We'll see...

No comments: