Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Thirty-two!  Last Saturday, I celebrated a great birthday.  My parents braved the winter weather (avoiding two snow storms - one on the way here and one on the way back) and made the trek from Nebraska to help us celebrate my birthday.  It truly was a great weekend with my family and I couldn't have asked for more. 

My mom and I had a chance to go look for some more yarn so I could start another crocheting project.  She taught me a new pattern and I was able to knock out a baby blanket for some friends in only 5 days!  Love that new pattern!  We also got to do a little shopping one day while they were here - much easier to go with the kids when I have their help! 

For some reason, Jackson didn't want to smile.
Showing a little 4-year-old attitude.

For my birthday, Mom and Dad treated us to a great dinner out... Kurt's Steakhouse.  We hadn't been there before, but I think we may go again sometime.  If you like steaks, it is a great place!




We ended the evening with a delicious lemon roll cake made by my mom.  Yummy! 




And I received some wonderful gifts - a few gift cards, slippers, an accessory for the iPad to connect it to the TV, a new baseball glove along with peanuts (can't play baseball with the kids and not snack on peanuts!!), a ton of accessories for cake decorating (so I can pursue that 'hobby' more - yay!!!), socks, another place setting of Fiestaware, a Willow Tree statue of the Holy Family, and a new crucifix made by my dad!  I was so spoiled! 


Here is the card from the kids - Jackson wrote "mom" on the envelope and his
own name too.  Tom made some dots for Morgan to trace - that was her
tracing of her name and "I love you" - done all on her own!  Love this card!

Here is the crucifix Dad made for me. 
I wanted one for our kitchen/dinette area and had found one like this online
(http://www.celebrateyourfaith.com/BEST-SELLERS--Wall-Crosses-C1702.cfm?viewall=1).
He made it instead and now it has so much more meaning too!  Thank you Dad!

Morgan showing Grandma how to use the iPad.
A little breakfast with Grandma before they had to hit the road Tuesday morning.

Thank you to all my family and friends who called, texted, sent cards, and left me messages on Facebook.  I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful and loving people in my life!

No comments: