Jackson and Morgan -
I love how you play together.
I love how you read together.
I love how you fight.
I love how you take care of each other.
I love how you are each other's best friends.
Promise me you will always be close and remember how important your sibling is to you!
I love you my little monkeys!
All my love,
Momma
| Picnic at the park last week. |
| Pretending they were sad - about what, I don't know! |
Last week, Tom was out of town for work and Morgan was having one of her nights where she refused to eat. I think she was at the table for almost two hours. It was a night where I can honestly say I was not proud of my parenting techniques. I was so frustrated, that at one point I told her she was going to sit there all night until she ate her food and she could fall asleep there if necessary, but I wasn't going to let her get down from the table. No, I wasn't serious about this. And yes, I know it wasn't a good thing to say to my daughter or in front of my son. But I was at the end of my rope, frustrated and nearly in tears. I just wanted her to eat. She was being stubborn...I was being stubborn...I guess she comes by it innocently. But it was at that point, where the tears were about to fall, when Jackson came to my side with tears in his eyes and said, "Momma, help Morgan eat her dinner." I told him that I tried to help her and she didn't want my help. He then asked if he could help her because "he didn't want Morgan to sleep at the table." He started crying then and said, "Momma, Morgan needs good rest and she can't do that at the table." It then made me really cry. He was so concerned for his little sister. He was genuinely concerned. He wanted her to be healthy by eating her food and getting good sleep in her bed. It was the sweetest thing...seeing how much he loved his sister. I couldn't believe that a little boy at 3 - going on 4 - could know that kind of compassion. It made all my anger and frustration with Morgan melt away... my frustration and anger was now on myself. How could I be so hard on them? I felt so bad for being so upset. Morgan still refused to eat for me, but her cries stopped as Jackson went to her side and dished up her remaining food and fed it to her. He stood by her side, feeding her six more bites. It was the most amazing sight for me. As much as they pick on each other, they love each other so much and would help each other no matter what. I love that! What a blessing! God is so good to have given me two beautiful children. I hope they always remember how blessed they are to have each other too.
| Morgan giving Jackson a push on the swing. |
| Now Jackson's turn to push Morgan. |
| Time to fly in circles! |
By the way, this is my 200th posting since I started in 2008. Thought it was a good one to write about on #200!
No comments:
Post a Comment