Monday, February 7, 2011

Miserable Monday

So it is known by now that our Steelers didn't pull of a win last night.  It was a good game, but the Steelers just couldn't get it together for a win.  It is at least nice to know that we lost to a deserving team.

I think Tom was dreading going to work today.  He is not one to be overly confident and boastful before a game, so he shouldn't get harassed too bad.  But everyone he works with knows he is a Steeler fan and most of them there are Packer fans, so I'm sure they will be rubbing it in a bit today. 

I'm going to have to get online today and check out all the ads since I missed most of them.  Right before halftime, our HD channels went out which included our Fox HD channel showing the Super Bowl.  Imagine a room of Steeler fans cursing Charter cable.  We have had nothing but bad luck with Charter and also their customer service.  I think that may have been the straw that broke the camel' back since today I am also going to be looking for better deals for cable - considering Direct TV or AT&T.  If anyone has good or bad to report on either of these, please let me know.  But thankfully our neighbors, who were over to watch the game and who are also huge Steeler fans (what are the odds of that happening in Packer country), had us head over to their house to watch the second half. 

It was a disappointing evening, but we still love our Steelers!  Can't wait for next season!
Morgan with her friend Taylor (Taylor is 5 months older than Morgan)

Our little Cheerleader!

Morgan and Taylor read books during the commercial breaks.

Waving the Terrible Towel!

Being girls - Taylor and Morgan are folding up their towels.

Touchdown Steelers!

Touchdown!

Taking a little break.

Checking out the Steeler's playbook.

And of course, who doesn't let their children have Oreos at 9:00 PM on Super Bowl Sunday?!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I know what you mean about Charter! Matt was so ticked when the HD went out for the game. We are thinking of going with U-Verse.