Since our move was happening right as she turned 18 months old, I wasn't able to get her in for her well-baby check before we left Washington. And unfortunately, it took me until last week to decide on a new pediatrician and to get an appointment scheduled for her. Today was her day to meet the new doctor and get a couple shots (a flu and a Hep A vaccine). The appointment went great! She did great there (and Jackson behaved as well during the appointment, thankfully) - I think we'll really like our new doctor. Here were her stats for her 18 month check up (which is really closer to 20 months)...
Weight: 23 lbs. (21st percentile)
Height: 31 1/4 inches (25th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 1/2 inches (55th percentile)
Next update on her growth will be in February when she turns two.
The day was also about Morgan since she received a nice little gash on her forehead from her brother while playing right before bedtime. I was going through the mail in the dining room, while Morgan and Jackson were playing with Lego's and trucks in the family room. I heard her squeal, like she always does while playing with him. I figured she was just mad that Jackson had something she wanted or stole a toy from her. Then I hear Jackson say, "Momma!! Momma!! What's on the carpet? What's on the carpet?" Morgan is still crying, so I go to see what's happening and there's Morgan on her knees, hunched over, and blood all over the carpet and more dripping as I get closer! I totally freaked. Tom came running in from upstairs. We both thought for sure that we were heading to the ER (mind you we really don't know where that is) for stitches. Tom scooped her from my arms and applied pressure to the wound, while I got an ice pack for her. The bleeding quickly let up and she calmed down too. Thank God for Tom staying calm! She didn't really want us to touch it to clean it up, but we bribed her with some crackers (she'll do anything for food these days) and we got it cleaned up. Jackson then told Tom that he hit her with a Lego fire truck he was playing with (not sure why). So then Jackson was upset because we made him clean up his toys and get to bed right away. We went from one screaming child to another! Crazy evening. Morgan did let me clean it up better and get medicine and a band-aid on it. Mean while, Tom set to the task of removing blood from the family room floor. We knew from a previous blood experience with Madi that carpet cleaner doesn't work the best, so Tom got online and quickly searched for a remedy. Solution... SHAVING CREAM!! Sounds crazy, but it worked amazingly (at least one hour after clean up, it seems to be the right stuff)! I felt horrible that she got hurt - had I been watching closer, it probably wouldn't have happened. Thankfully, the gash was only about an 1/8 of an inch and not very deep. They bleeding stopped quickly and not trip to the ER for stitches was necessary. But it did cause for some chaos in the house... right when I thought things were settling down for the evening. I'll share a few pictures of her after the Hello Kitty band-aid was applied.
![]() |
| Morgan trying to show us where her owie was. |
![]() |
| All smiles later. |
![]() |
And lastly, I have a video clip of her dancing. It was actually from yesterday, but I thought it was too cute not to share. Tom is a bit concerned about her dancing style... he hopes her moves change before she starts going to school dances.



No comments:
Post a Comment