I just could not let Christmas slip by without getting the kids to see Santa. It is just one of those memories I wanted to create for the kids and us. I convinced Tom to go to the mall after church today so we could get this accomplished. Luckily the Steeler game was pushed back to a 1:15 PM PST start, so we would have enough time between church and the game... otherwise it probably would not have happened today. I really thought the line would be short - figuring most people wouldn't have waited as long as we had - but I was wrong! The line was long, but manageable, and we waited for about an hour to see Santa. The kids did surprisingly well... lots of activity at the mall to keep their attention and a few snacks helped as well. Jackson loved watching Santa's reindeer that hung from the ceiling and he seemed excited to see the jolly elf. But go figure, once it was our turn to see Santa, he wanted nothing to do with him. He was holding on tight to me saying, "I don't like Santa!" So Tom and I had to get in the picture with Santa and the kids. Morgan did great, up until it was time to pick her up off Santa's lap. That's was when she realized she wasn't a big fan either. Ah, kids are fun at this age! And can you guess what Jackson said after we were done and picking up our picture? "I like Santa! I want to go see Santa!" I guess he was confused! Well, anyway, a memory was created for me today. It makes me smile, and I hope Jackson and Morgan will look back some day at these kinds of events and smile too. Merry Christmas to my babies! I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment