Christmas and New Years have now officially come and gone. I always love this time of year, but it makes me sad when the season comes to an end. I love all the anticipation and merriment. I won't lie, I don't miss the STRESSES of gifting and baking and extra activities, but I do miss all of what comes from those stresses... time spent with family and friends, and spreading a little love and cheer. It is hard not being with our extended families... we hate that the kids don't get to see their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, but we do get to have quality time at home as a family. And until the kids are a little bigger, we will stick with that tradition... There is just something magical about waking in your own bed on Christmas morning to the surprises of Santa; staying in your jammies all day long if you wish. They will grow all too fast, and I'll wish for those days back, so right now, this is where we will be. I hope our families know how much we miss them though... We love them, and we miss them tremendously during this time. One word to get me through that though... FaceTime! Thank goodness we can FaceTime with family! We even open gifts via FaceTime. Haha! Yay for technology!
We hope your Christmas and New Years was a blessed one! Peace, love, and cheers!!
 |
| Caught her! She was admiring ornaments. Love her! |
 |
Morgan was my helper so that I could get my camera set up for all the family pictures I wanted to snap before church. We don't get dressed up that often! |
 |
| My Sweetheart! |
 |
And for all the work I did to try to get ready, here is what we got. Not everyone wanted to cooperate. I should have known! |
 |
Noah thought Madi needed some kisses in the middle of the photo session... and we only had 5 minutes until we needed to leave for mass. |
 |
| At least these two would cooperate for me! :) |
 |
Tom's time behind the lens was a little easier. Go figure! |
 |
So thankful that the Kaehny Family was at mass to snap a picture of us in front of the Christmas tree and beautiful poinsettias. |
 |
Writing a quick note to Santa after they got the plate ready for him and the reindeer. |
 |
| Kids are in bed! Awe! |
 |
| Look! Santa came! |
 |
And a series of our oh-so-fun-posed- look-Santa-came photos. |
 |
| I think Noah was excited! |
 |
| Where to begin?! |
 |
| There is a theme to many of the gifts this year... Can you tell what it is? |
 |
Santa wrote notes to each of the kids this year!! Jackson was reading his here... and what was in that gift... a PACKERS shirt!! |
 |
So if you haven't noticed yet, Santa brought a LOT of Star Wars things for the kids. |
 |
| Morgan's gift to Mommy and Daddy! |
 |
We spent the day after Christmas with our friends, the Kataniks. Noah and Reid are good buddies. Sadly, I didn't get many pictures of the rest of the Katanik family. |
 |
| Tim & Reid playing. |
 |
Time to open gifts with the Knudsen family via FaceTime. Morgan and Noah were enjoying the boxes as much as the gifts! Isn't that always the case?! |
 |
Noah's fun new airplane backpack from Uncle Jeff and Jason. And he is playing with the ambulance and fire truck from Aunt Lisa and Uncle Mike. |
 |
| Let's Jump! Thanks Uncle Jeff & Jason! |
 |
Awe! Happy New Years! We made it to midnight! Now get us to bed! We're tired! |
No comments:
Post a Comment