Friday, February 15, 2013

Morgan's 4th Birthday

Our sweet little Morgan is four years old!  I feel like the 4-year mark means no more baby at all... I have a little girl.  Full of personality and emotions - some sass, some drama, but always lots of love. 

Look how far you have come...

Morgan was so lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa come visit and help her celebrate.  They arrived last Friday and were able to stay through her birthday. 

Some highlights from their visit: Attending our church's school carnival (the kids had a great time with the games and picking out prizes); a full day of shopping with my Mom (and the guys watching the kids); Tom, Dad, and the kids checking out the Oconomowoc Chili Fest complete with ice sculptures and kites over Fowler Lake; cake baking with lots of assistance from Grandma and Grandpa; and of course celebrating Morgan's birthday. 

With the kids in school and it being winter, it was hard to plan too much.  Makes me ready for summer, when we don't have to plan around schedules as much and can check out more of Wisconsin.

So, what you all have been waiting for... Pictures!  Okay, maybe you weren't waiting for them, but here is chance to document this milestone for my baby little girl.

Morgan had her face painted at the church carnival Friday night.  So cute!!
A few snuggles on the couch with Grandma and Grandpa.
Grandpa enjoying his "Margarita" at the Chili Fest.
The cake almost done... Morgan requested a rainbow
cake this year. Blue frosting for the sky, sugar sprinkles
for the rainbow, and marshmallows for the clouds.
And we continued the rainbow theme for her school cupcake treat.  The
rainbows are made of Airheads Xtreme Rainbow Strips. 
The finished product... and this time I wasn't up until midnight working on
it.  Thanks to Mom and Dad, we had it done by 3 PM on the 11th!
Birthday Morning!!  We let her open one gift early, but she had to wait until
after her birthday dinner to open the rest.  I felt so bad making her wait, but
Tom was headed to work a little early and no one else was up yet.
Another Barbie... and her first Ken doll.  I guess we need
to do a little shopping for Ken, since his only outfit is
swim trunks.
Doing a little water painting before lunch and school.
Our neighbor friend Gia came over for a little while
that morning, so she helped Morgan celebrate too!
Someone begged long enough that Grandma and Grandpa also let her open
an early gift.
Yay!  Pretty pearl necklace and bracelets!  Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!
Snuggling with Grandma while watching a show and
waiting to leave for dinner.
Quick photo with her balloon and cake before leaving
for dinner.
Mmmm... Yummy Five Guys!  Her choice for her birthday dinner! 
I wasn't going to complain about burgers, fries, and peanuts!
Time for presents!!
Thanks Uncle Jeff!
Thanks Aunt Lisa, Uncle Mike, Jacob, Mason, Garret,
and Nolan!  She loves all her gifts... especially the Barbie
car and the jump rope!
Yay.....
A scooter!!  Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!
Legos!!  And of course Jackson was ready to help her build them!  Man, was
he pestering her about building them!
Wow!  A new purse!  Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!
A new summer dress!!
Yay, a Barbie House!
Breaking from all the Barbie assembling for a photo.
Time to play!
And she didn't want to stop playing for cake, candles,
and singing!
How quickly her mood changed though!
Yes, I know there are 5 candles, but the "4" candle
doesn't really count. 
So excited!!
She was having a bit of a hard time blowing them out.
Family photo time.
And one with Grandma & Grandpa.
And now for the surprise!  The inside of the cake was rainbow too!!
I know my outside frosting skills could used some work, but I do like how
this cake turned out!
Just a fun cake!  Lots of color!
I think she liked it!
Jackson's photography skills (I did crop it a bit, but not much!)
Sad face time.... although no one showed it... it was time for Grandma and
Grandpa to head home Wednesday morning.  Thanks for helping us celebrate!
And Wednesday afternoon, while Jackson was at school,
we opened up her Lego set and she built it all on her own!
 I hope it was a great birthday for her!  I know I had a great time celebrating Morgan's birthday!  Thank you to everyone who sent gifts, called, texted, and left Facebook messages wishing her a happy birthday.  It brought a smile to all of our faces!  She is one lucky girl!

Mo Mo, I love you, my Sunshine!

No comments: