Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jackson's Last Day of Sunshine School

It is with a happy tear that I start to write this... Today was the last day of Sunshine School at the Y.  It is so hard to believe that Jackson has completed preschool and will be entering 4-year-old Kindergarten (4K) in the fall.  I know how much he will miss going to Sunshine School, but I also know that he is ready for bigger things.  It is definitely harder for me... this is another milestone that my boy has reached.  I'm so excited and proud of him, yet sad to see him grow up. 

Headed out the door to go to our last day of Sunshine
School for the year.
And posing on the front step just like he did on the first
day of school.

I was so happy that we were here for his last day.  Originally, the teachers had told us that the last day would be Tuesday, June 5, which meant we were going to miss it due to a family trip to Nashville (more on that later).  But thankfully that was a typo and we didn't miss the party!  The teachers and the kids did a great job today with the Luau program - complete with songs, beach-themed games (the Limbo and Pineapple Relay to name a few!), and tropical snacks.

The program for the party.
My happy boy!
Some of the decorations and props... a palm tree and the many surf boards
for the Wipe-Out song.
And the tropical stage would not be complete without a...
VOLCANO!
Three of the sweetest girls from Jackson's class... Katie, Grace B., & Grace A.
All decked out ready for the program... Love his sleepy yawn.
Someone is not thrilled about his costume.  Sadly, he can
be a bit self-conscious like me.
Still not that happy with the costume, but he gave me a
wave at least.
Finally another smile!
Getting ready to Wipe-Out!  Love the "sunglasses" they
gave the kids!
Receiving his class picture with all of his classmates names handwritten by
each of them on it.
Ready for the games in the gym... this is the line up for the Pineapple Relay.
Limbo!!
He's pretty good at it actually!

And I was so excited... Ms. Sara gave all of the parents a CD with videos and pictures from the school year put into a movie.  It is great... although it is over an hour long.  I haven't made it all the way through yet.

This picture isn't great quality... I had to scan it from a laminated version
Jackson received.
Grace B., Carson, Kaleb, Eamonn, Ryan, Grace A., Jackson, Avery, Ben, Riann,
Josie, and Katie.  Ms. Jen and Ms. Sara in the back.
With Ms. Sara - An awesome teacher!
With Ms. Jen - Also a great teacher!
With one of his favorite aides, Mr. John.
And with one of the other aides, Ms. Sheryl - who Jackson loved to tell
his many stories!

It really is hard for me to see this school year come to an end.  Most of the kids in his preschool will not be at his elementary school.  We made some great friends, both Jackson with his classmates and me with the parents.  I hope that this isn't the last time that I will see some of them... such nice people that I got to see twice a week for 9 months.  I found this online...and thought it was an appropriate reminder for me today.


If you have time, here are a few video clips of the program.  Tom wasn't able to make it so I recorded as much as I could. 



My Sweet Jackson -
I'm so proud of you!  You have done an amazing job at school - always excited to go, always excited to learn, and always excited to share what you learned.  I am amazed at what you have learned and how you've grown this year - writing your name all by yourself, learning all the letters and their sounds, learning your numbers, how to respect others, how to follow instructions, and so much more!  I love you so much and I'm so proud of you! 
Love you Little Man,
Momma

No comments: