Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I know yesterday was Mother's Day and I'm a little late posting, but Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms I am blessed to know.  I especially want to say thank you and I love you to my Mom!  You are the best, and I'm so thankful for your love and guidance!

My mom with Morgan on her baptism.
August 2009

As for my Mother's Day, I could actually call the celebration Mother's Week.  I was one lucky momma this year.  I received my gift a week early - a new Dyson vacuum - since it was on sale at Target and that Saturday was the last day of the sale.  My vacuum has been giving me issues and I have been day-dreaming of a Dyson for a while now.  I guess Tom took my hints seriously - I really never thought he would get me one.  Tom also bought me some new Pyrex glass storage bowls while at Target as a Mother's Day gift.  Good-bye to all my old, yucky plastic Rubbermaid containers.  You may think these aren't that exciting of gifts, but I was ecstatic!  I love my new vacuum!  It works amazingly on Madi's hair and all the other dirt that makes its way into the house!  And I have been wanting new storage bowls for a while too, so it was perfect. Thank you Tommy!

Not a great picture, but seriously, who looks good when
they vacuum?!

Sunday after church, I headed out to do a little shopping on my own - NO KIDS!  I needed to get a bunch of birthday and other gifts for the upcoming weeks, but I also took the chance to do a little shopping for myself.  I really enjoyed the afternoon of quiet time.  Thanks Tommy for giving me a little time to do this!  Talk about a great husband!

Then during the week, Tom was going to be heading out of town for work for a couple days, so we met him for lunch on Tuesday before he left for the airport.  It is always nice to be treated to a meal out, since we don't do it as much now that I'm not working.  Here are a couple crazy pictures of the kids and Tom... the waitress brought over these aluminum foil hats for the kids.  Cute, but they really weren't excited to wear them.  They at least posed nicely.


The rest of our week was pretty ordinary, but on Friday, we went to a play date and then I treated the kids to some McDonald's.  We don't do this very often, but it just felt like a good day to do that!  We came home after playing in the play land at Micky D's and then spent the afternoon playing outside.  It was a beautiful day to be outside.  Plus Tom came home with a bouquet of flowers for me!  Can I say spoiled!?

Morgan showing off her Happy Meal prize.
Ready to play in the play land.
Playing withe neighbor boy across the street, Ben.  He
had found this huge bull frog by one of the ponds in the
neighborhood.  The kids loved pestering it!

Finally, the weekend was here.  Tom and I spent Saturday outside (an overcast one, but pretty warm still) working in the yard.  We moved around some plants, and also planted some new ones that we got the previous weekend.  I guess you could say those plants were part of my Mother's Day gift, but they were really just for us as a family.  We got a new lilac bush, a couple peony plants, and some flats of annuals for our pots on the deck. It was a great day working in the yard and watching the kids play.  We wrapped up the evening with a special dinner out - Mexican food!  Wow - That was three meals out in one week!  It was delicious!!


And then finally came Mother's Day actually.  I was already so spoiled all week, that I didn't think I could get any more.  But I was blessed with a beautiful day relaxing.  Tom made breakfast (which he does most weekends), we went to mass and Father had a great sermon, then we spent the remainder of the day outside soaking up the sun.  Before church, Tom and the kids gave me cards and then after church, Jackson gave me a gift that he made at school.  It was bag with "Breakfast in Bed" and a picture and card he had made all by himself.  He had been keeping it a secret for a week, so he was so excited to give it to me.  So cute and so sweet!  I loved it!  Later, while I soaked up the sun, Tom mowed and the kids played with the neighbor kids.  We grilled out some steaks and ended the evening eating ice cream on the deck.  I loved it! 

Morgan & Jackson posing with my flowers and the gift Jackson made at school.
The face on the front is me...complete with glasses on, since "I always have my
glasses on in the mornings" according to Jackson.
Jackson and Morgan playing with our neighbors Rigg & Gia.

I know Mother's Day is not about gifts - it is about enjoying the blessing of motherhood.  I am so thankful everyday - God gave me a wonderful husband and entrusted two beautiful children to my care!  That is the best gift I could ever have.  But I am also very thankful for all my family did for me this week!  I am one blessed momma!  Thank you Tommy, Jackson, & Morgan.  I love you all!

Morgan posing with a picture she colored for me this week.
Jackson also coloring a picture for me... but he decided to
silly and stick his arms in his jammies. 

Oh, one more thing, you may have noticed.  The kids both got hair cuts on Thursday.  They are now ready for summer!  Love Morgan's bob cut and Jackson's buzz cut.

No comments: